At the beginning of August, I started updating my skincare routine for both morning & night. I do this right before the season changes. My goal isn’t to shock my skin, rather it’s to ease into a different routine. As change always causes my skin to go crazy. I find that when I introduce new products to my skin one at a time, it reacts a lot better. It also gives me an opportunity to observe what the product is doing for my skin. For instance, if I use five new products at one time – my skin may break out or have an allergic reaction. It would be hard to narrow down what I was using that was caused the issue. Right? I have to admit, I am that girl who gets so excited over her NEW skin care purchases. It gives me the urge to use them all at once. Although it can be hard for me to settle down a bit, I try to keep in mind the best interest of my skin.
Why I choose these particular products?
Each one of the products I choose to apply onto my skin serves a purpose. I don’t walk into the store and buy a product just because of the packaging – although it sometimes helps. Who are we kidding? No, but really, I focus on three key goals: cleanse, exfoliate, and maintain. That is it! I know that if I can achieve these three goals everything else is just an added bonus.
I honestly believe that some people can overdo/underdo it with skincare. My neighbor down the street and I were chatting about how we keep our skin. It turns out she was over exfoliating and omitting eye cream. What?? Such a great friend I am, I didn’t say anything about it – yep, no comment. What I should have done is walked her to my samples box to grab a few tubes of eye cream. I didn’t want to make her feel bad nor did I want to sound like a “know it all” either. Christmas is right around the corner and I can gift her eye cream. Is that a good gift idea anyway? Yeah totally.
Two brands that have been giving me great results…
In the summer, I learned about Epionce. Epionce is a skin care brand that uses more of a natural approach. You will still get the result of that of medical grade skin care, but in a less harsh way. I love it! Another brand that has been really amazing is Sunday Riley. Especially, the Luna Nighttime Oil, you’ll see a dramatic difference in your skin within the first week. Your skin will look more plump, radiant, and even-toned. It is quite expensive but when you talk about skincare – you are going to be paying high-end prices if you want to see results. It’s just one of those things. A few thoughts, usually we focus on the high-end price, I recommend you ask yourself the following questions:
1. How long will the product last if I use it daily?
2. What will it do for my skin?
3. Does it get good reviews?
4. Is this a recommended product (by someone you trust – not a sales person)?
5. Is the product compatible with your skin type?
6. What is your goal for this product?
7. Is this product easily accessible to you?
Tips for buying high-end skin care:
1. Ask a friend to share the cost if there is similar interest.
2. Try purchasing the travel size for a less expensive price.
3. Ask for a sample, Sephora is more than willing to give out samples.
4. Suggest gift cards for birthdays or celebrations.
5. Work at Sephora or Ulta for an additional discount.
6. Adjust your budget to include your skincare necessities.
7. Find online stores that may sell high-end products at a sale price (read reviews and find out where it ships from – keep it in the USA). Here is a few:
I hope this blog post is helpful when trying to discover new skincare products. I understand the struggle when organizing a morning & nighttime skincare routine. Keep it simple but effective. Spend your earnings on great ingredients that are gonna give you results. By the way, I’m not saying that drugstore items are not effective. What I am saying is do your research and find out which ingredients work well for your skin. Never stop learning.